How do I obtain the copyright permission required to put material on reserve?
Please read our Reserves Copyright Policy.
How long does it take for an item to be put on reserve?
It usually takes one week for an item to be put on reserve; however you should allow extra time during peak periods such as the beginning of a new semester.
How long can students check out items on reserve?
There are three options available for checkout times. They are 3 hours, 3 days, and 1 week. You can choose the length of time for each item that you place on reserve.
What happens to reserve items at the end of the semester?
Items will be taken off of reserve at the end of the semester, unless otherwise specified. Items owned by the library will be reshelved. We will notify you after personal items are withdrawn from reserve and within one month you will need to come and pick them up. At the end of the semester, please wait for the items to be officially taken off of reserve before picking them up. If you do not wait we cannot run full usage reports.
1. Fill out the Course Reserves Request Form completely.
2. To put materials on reserve (physical or electronic), the following information is required:
3. Plan ahead. Reserves will be processed in the order they are received. It typically takes about a week for an item to be added to reserve.
4. Please be aware that we do abide by the copyright fair use policy. If a reserve request breaks this policy, it will not be processed. Read more about Copyright: Understanding Copyright
1. Go to the Course Reserves search. It can be accessed from the Library’s home page under the Quick Links menu.
2. Search either by course or instructor.
3. When an instructor search is done materials on reserve for all of their courses will display. Use the facets on the left to further limit by course number or title.
If you have any questions, contact the Reference Desk: (651) 641-8812 or email@example.com.